Terms and conditions
Please note, there are additional conditions which apply to m-Tickets. These are listed in the separate section towards the bottom of this page.
The company reserves the right to alter, suspend or withdraw any service without previous notice. Advance notice will, however, be given when possible.
There shall be no liability on the Company for delays, howsoever caused, or inconvenience which may be sustained by any passenger through the failure of any vehicle, nor will they be liable for unpunctuality. The publication of any timetable or notice is issued for guidance, and no guarantee can be given that vehicles will operate at the times stated, or at all.
Neither the holder of a ticket nor any other person shall have the right of any action against the proprietor in respect of (i) death or bodily injury to any person otherwise than while the passenger is being carried on, or entering or alighting from a stationary public service vehicle, or (ii) any other loss, damage or delay to any person however caused, or (iii) any loss or miss-delivery of or damage or delay to property however caused, or (iv) death or bodily injury or loss sustained while entering or leaving a public service vehicle whilst in motion.
Suggestions and complaints
Please use the contact details on our website.
Fares and tickets
Passengers must be in possession of a valid ticket or pass throughout their journey. We only accept cash on board our buses and coaches. Our drivers give change but they only start their shift with a limited amount and this can get used up quickly. Drivers are not obliged to accept large amounts of coins above the standard allowances. These are: 20p made up of 1p and 2p coins; £5 made up of 5p and 10p coins; £10 made up of 20p and 50p coins.
Adult fares are issued to all passengers aged 16 or over, unless in education and can present a valid NUS Card or other appropriate ID. Child single/return fares are not available before 09:00 on Mondays to Fridays (including school holidays). There are no restrictions on Public Holidays. Up to 2 children aged under 5 (that do not occupy a seat to the exclusion of a fare-paying passenger) travel free with anybody who purchase an adult ticket or has a valid adult-rate pass (including English National Concessionary Passes).
English National Concessionary Passes are valid for free off-peak travel in accordance with the conditions published by local authorities.
Most of our vehicles have space for one wheelchair user, but we cannot guarantee this facility. We will carry most wheelchairs and electric wheelchairs up to 700mm wide, 1200mm long and a total weight of 300kg (including the occupant). Mobility scooters are generally not carried unless they are class 2 and not designated for use on roads (these have headlights and indicators).
Carriage of animals
Whippets travel free when accompanied by a human with a valid ticket or pass. Other friendly pets are also carried free, so long as they do not present a hazard or disturbance to customers. If another animal is already on board then the driver may refuse travel (excluding guide dogs or assistance dogs). Guide dogs in training are also permitted, subject to the driver’s discretion. All dogs must be on a lead, should sit on the floor (but not blocking the aisle) and on double-deckers should be taken upstairs.
We do not permit bicycles on board our vehicles. However, folded bicycles are allowed so long as they do not present a risk to other passengers, their property or our vehicle. We encourage owners of collapsible bikes to use a bike bag to prevent sharp edges from being exposed. Folded bicycles must not be taken upstairs and on coaches they must be stored in the underfloor luggage compartments.
Hot food, drink and alcohol
Please refrain from bringing hot food aboard our vehicles, as it can be unpleasant for fellow passengers. If you bring a hot drink on board please make sure that it has a suitable lid as drivers may otherwise refuse entry. We do not want to refuse alcohol aboard our vehicles but customers will be asked to leave the vehicle if their behaviour becomes aggressive, loud or generally unpleasant to other customers.
All luggage is carried at the owner’s risk. On coaches, please ask the driver if you wish to store an item in the underfloor compartments.
Owners of lost property should contact us with details of the lost item, the date of travel and other journey details.
Services on public holidays
A Sunday service normally operates on Public Holidays. Special timetables may operate during other holiday periods such as Christmas and New Year. Details will be published in advance.
All applications for refunds should be made in writing to:
Whippet Coaches Limited, Unit 1, 2 Rowles Way, Buckingway Business Park, Swavesey, Cambridge, CB24 4UG.
We will only normally refund tickets for any remaining days of validity. The refund value will be based on the period already used, rather than a percentage of the total ticket price (i.e. a 4 Week ticket which has been used for just 1 week will have the price of a week ticket deducted from the value of a 4 Week ticket). An admin charge may also apply.
Mobile (M) ticketing
- M-Ticketing is promoted and operated by Whippet Coaches Ltd a company that is registered in England and Wales, under company registration number 00520428 registred address or Westbourne Park Garage Great Western Road London W9 3NW.
- M-Ticketing refers to bus tickets which are downloaded to a smartphone, via the “Whippet Coaches Mobile Ticketing App”.
- Purchasing m-Tickets confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) and any other terms and conditions published or referred to below.
- Boarding of vehicles using m-Ticketing also confirms acceptance of our Conditions of Carriage, which can be online at www.go-whippet.co.uk.
- Whippet Coaches Ltd may modify these Terms & Conditions at any time at its discretion. The most up to date Terms & Conditions will be available on our website at www.go-whippet.co.uk and within the Mobile Ticketing App.
- Each provision of these Terms & Conditions (as amended from time to time) shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances and shall remain in force notwithstanding the termination of these Terms & Conditions howsoever occasioned.
- No waiver by Whippet Coaches Ltd shall be construed as a waiver of any breach of any provision of these Terms & Conditions.
- These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by English law and the parties hereby irrecoverably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Devices and Data Charges
- Whippet Coaches m-Ticketing is supported on Smartphones using either Apple iOS or Google Android operating systems. M-Ticketing should not be used on tablets, iPads, iPods, notebooks or any device other than supported Smartphone handsets including rooted / jailbroken devices.
- Our m-Ticketing App is free for you to download, however, data charges may be incurred to you by your network provider. You are responsible for any such costs. Whippet Coaches Ltd will not take responsibility for any connectivity issues you may experience.
- M-Tickets must be purchased through the App in advance of travel. Purchasing m-Tickets requires either a WiFi or cellular data connection in order to complete payment and download of the ticket(s) to your Smartphone. Regular data connections is required in order that the App content and ticket security is kept up to date.
- Our drivers and ticket inspectors may ask for personal identification in respect of the name on the m-Ticket being used and you may be refused travel if this cannot be shown. Additional ID may also be required as proof of eligibility of student, young person or child tickets, as advised at the time of purchase.
- Purchased m-Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be altered
- Whippet Coaches Ltd accepts payment through the m-Ticketing App
- Once purchased, m-Tickets must be activated prior to boarding and the ticket will be displayed on your Smartphone’s screen. This will need to be presented to the driver. Your device must have sufficient battery charge to be able to display the ticket to the driver upon boarding and if requested to a Whippet Coaches Ltd Official throughout your journey, otherwise the cash fare for the journey will be payable.
- In the case of any difficulty, the cash fare for the journey should be paid. Full details of any problems should be reported to Whippet Coaches by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01954 230011 (weekdays 09:00-16:45 excluding public holidays).
- All m-Tickets downloaded to your Smartphone must be activated within of purchase, after which they will automatically expire.
- M-Tickets are non-transferrable and are locked to the registered smartphone to which they are downloaded and cannot be copied, sent or moved to another device. Whippet Coaches Ltd reserves the right to terminate without refund any m-Ticketing user account which we believe is being misused.
- M-Tickets which have been activated accidentally or which have been downloaded to smartphones which have subsequently been lost or stolen are non-refundable.
- Multiple passengers cannot board with simultaneously activated tickets on one device.
- M-Ticket Types and Validity
- The ticket types are subject to change – Whippet Coaches Ltd may vary the type, price and validity of tickets available at any time. Any changes will be notified through the App and our Website www.go-whippet.uk.com.
- The safekeeping of the m-Ticket is your responsibility. In the event that the ticket or mobile phone is lost, stolen or damaged, we will be unable to provide a duplicate or replacement ticket and a new ticket will need to be purchased.
- In no event will Whippet Coaches Ltd be liable for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind arising out of your use or access to the m-Ticketing App, including loss of profit or the like whether or not in the contemplation of the parties, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise.
- Whippet Coaches Ltd is not liable to you for any damage or alteration to your equipment including but not limited to computer equipment, handheld device or mobile telephones as a result of the installation or use of the m-Ticketing App. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Whippet Coaches Ltd’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Privacy & Security
- Whippet Coaches Ltd and its agents will only use the information you supply to process your purchases and maintain your account. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. You confirm that you will only enter information about yourself and that such information is true.
- Payment card details are stored securely and will never be disclosed to anyone for purposes other than m-Ticketing mobile payments initiated by you.
- Materials, Ownership and Restrictions on Use
- The m-Ticketing App is owned and operated by Whippet Coaches Ltd and any data, text, graphics, images, audio and video clips, logos, icons, software and links and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto, are and will remain the property of Whippet Coaches Ltd.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute the m-Ticket App or any of its content without Whippet Coaches Ltd prior written permission.
- Use or downloading of the m-ticketing app is conditioned on acceptance of the terms and conditions of this agreement. By using or downloading the mobile ticketing app, you agree to such terms and conditions.